Monday, September 22, 2014

COMMIT TO THE PROCESS

COMMIT(v): To carry into ACTION deliberately.

     We ALL have GOALS/DREAMS that we want to accomplish.  When embarking on the journey we normally don't take into consideration the unforeseen obstacles that we will encounter.  Knowing what we want but not being able to predict the future wont allow us to map out the process with extreme precision.  However, we are able to draft a blueprint that will allow us to get to where we want to go in a shorter period of time if we stay the course. 
     As we travel on this journey we must commit to the process and understand that what we want and set our minds to with 100% focus, faith and persistence is waiting on us, but we must GROW into it!  Big dreams require us to become bigger people, leaders as well as followers.  Making a conscious effort to commit even when things aren't going as planned and understanding that its all part of the process allows us to grow into the person that will match our goals and aspirations. 
     The ability to persevere and Commit to the process requires the right attitude, mindset and certain qualities.  These qualities are possessed by each of us but are not exercised enough to be innate.  Just as a body builder exercises muscles to tone and develop them so should we develop these qualities for them to become stronger.

 The 6 qualities that are required include:
  1. Perseverance
  2. Courage
  3. Focus
  4. Faith
  5. Patience
  6. Discipline
This isn't a complete list but these are some of the most important qualities that allow us to commit to accomplishing our goals.  Each quality requires us to strengthen and develop them daily.  The best way to accomplish this is through a conscious effort and carefully paying attention to situations in which we would have to use them.  Strengthening these qualities will help us in all areas of our lives because they go hand in hand.  For example, faith requires perseverance, courage, patience discipline and focus.

Moment of transparency:  I made and decision a few months ago to discipline myself to getting up earlier everyday (even on the weekends) whether I had anything to do or not.  So I would wake at 5:00am and workout, read and write my goals down before I got my day started.  I kept this up for about 1.5-2 months then I started to slack off.  There was almost an immediate change in the way things would happen for me.  My lack of discipline started to carry over to other parts of my life.  It wasn't until this got so out of focus for me that I sat down and recommitted myself to getting back on track that things started to turn around for the better.


© C.LEWIS 2014
DREAM ON PURPOSE EVERYDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment